Apple Cinnamon Chips
- 3 large sweet apples (we prefer Honeycrisp or Fuji but Jazz, or Pink Lady works also
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees F and ine two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Wash the apples. Core the apples (you can also skip this step if you don't mind a few seeds in the chips). With a mandolin (recommended) or a very sharp knife, slice the apples horizontally (try to aim for 1/8 inch-thick pieces)
- Arrange the apples in a single layer on the sheets and sprinkle them with cinnamon (if you are a big cinnamon fan add more if not a dash works).
- Bake for 1 hour in the upper and lower thirds of the oven (you can alternatively use a dehumidifier). Remove the baking sheets and switch the pans' position on the upper and lower racks. Continue baking for 1 to 1 1/2 additional hours until you are happy with the crispness (the total time will vary based on the thickness of your slice and the type of apple), turn off the oven and let the apples sit in the oven for another oven (to add to the crispness).
Garbanzo bean chips
- 15 ounces of chickpeas
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas then pat them dry with a papertowel
- Arrange your chickpeas on a baking sheet and roast them for 30-35 minutes, shaking the pan every 10 minutes. They will be golden brown and crunchy on the inside when they're done.
- In a medium bowl combine the salt and garlic powder
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven when done and toss with 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil. Immediately toss in the seasoning when hot!
- Cool and serve
Banana Nice Cream
- 7-8 banana (cut into thin pieces and frozen)
- 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips
- Optionally: Cocoa banana Welo Kids Bar
- Place your bananas into a food processor
- Process until it looks like ice cream
- Add optional topics: welo cocoa banana bars, peanut butter, chocolate chips, strawberries