When was the last time you did something for YOU?
Did you compliment yourself today? Go for a walk outside? Have a bath or read a book?
Milli Fox (@millifox), one of our ambassadors, led a workshop for our team on self-worth as part of our new series of Welo Wellness Workshops!
Milli is a Toronto-based mother of two, an author, entrepreneur (@juniorfoxes) and an advocate for increasing self-worth! We love how real she is and admire her for being brave enough to share her struggles and advice.
You are always told to treat others how you want to be treated, but how should you treat yourself?
- Prioritize building a relationship with yourself (like a partner or friend).
- Make promises to yourself and work towards keeping them.
- Reward yourself - no matter how small the accomplishment - celebrate!
Shift your focus and treat yourself the way you want others to treat you - with respect, patience, and love.
Be Kind To Yourself
Are you aware of how you speak to yourself throughout the day? Is your inner voice positive or negative? Remember this acronym to tune into yourself and practice mindfulness.
- R - recognize your emotions and thoughts.
- A - allow yourself to feel.
- I - investigate, where did that feeling come from?
- N - nurture yourself (i.e. physical touch).
Most importantly, know that you are never alone and that RAINy days don’t last forever.
Let Go of Unrealistic Standards
Social media distorts the reality of people’s lives and creates this desire to be perfect. You can’t please everyone in your life and that is okay!
- Unfollow social media accounts that trigger poor self-esteem.
- Strive for completion, not perfection - something is better than nothing.
- Understand that making mistakes help us learn and grow as a person.
Work towards focusing on the things you can control and what makes YOU happy.
Get To Know YOU
I just need to lose 10 pounds and then I will be happy. Does this sound familiar? Happiness does not stem from your weight or size and definitely doesn’t determine your self-worth.
- Focus on self-acceptance - be grateful for who you are right now.
- Limit the thoughts around needing to improve yourself.
- Work towards understanding what you like, what your dreams are, etc.
Be happy now, learn to love yourself at this moment - there is no better time than the present.
Self-Love is such an important part of our wellness as individuals and is often not prioritized to the degree that it should be. Listening to our body is our job and we need to learn to take good care of ourselves.
- Stop making excuses, be accountable for your actions.
- Accept constructive criticism as an opportunity to grow.
- Don’t wait for permission, start today!
You are worthy of loving yourself and deserve to be happy, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
New Self-Worth Spotlight: @MilliFox
We’re so excited to introduce the Mindset-Maven (aka @millifox). Milli is the owner of designer baby carriers called Junior Foxes and also coaches other moms. Her goal is to help as many women as possible crush their goals and live the life of their dreams.
If you want more information on how to improve your self-worth, visit Milli Fox's Website! Here are some helpful links below