A Registered Dietitian's 7 Cupboard Must Haves
Are you trying to increase your shelf-stable inventory right now to shop less while you eat at home more? We love Noelle and wanted to share her list of the top shelf-stable items to stock up on and why! Visit her at @motherhoodandmeals on Instagram!
1) OatsThey are packed with fiber and iron which helps us stay full for longer.
2) Dried Fruit These work well as part of a homemade trail mix and offer a natural sweetness for any smoothie, cookie, bread, or muffin recipe.
3) Pumpkin Seeds They are full of protein, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin E, iron, fiber, and more!
4) Pureed Pumpkin They offer a valuable nutrient called beta-carotene which offers immune support!
5) Beans/Chickpeas/Lentils (dried or canned with no salt added)These offer a good source of protein in a shelf-stable form.
6) Snack BarsAwesome on-the-go option!
7) PastaBecause who doesn't love pasta!!
For the full article and to learn more about how you can use these 7 staple foods in many different ways click here.