As a mama of 6 year old, Aubrey, feeding her family quality food that is nutrient-dense has always been important to Nicole - continue reading to find a few of her kid-approved recipes!
Asparagus and Pea Soup
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cup sliced leeks
- 5 thyme springs
- 5 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 1/2 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp garlic seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a soup pot melt vegan butter over medium low heat. Add the leeks and thyme springs and sauté until leeks are soft and starting to brown. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the asparagus, peas, and garlic seasoning. Simmer on low for about 10-15 minutes, or until asparagus is very soft. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Bring back to pot. Season with salt and pepper, simmer for 5 minutes more.
Roasted Gnocchi and Vegetables
- 500g gnocchi
- 255g grape tomatoes
- 227g whole mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 red onion, in large pieces
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 whole garlic, peeled, cloves separated
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 4 sprigs fresh rosemary.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the gnocchi, vegetables, olive oil, sugar, dried seasonings, and stir together. Top with fresh rosemary.
- Roast at 425 degrees for 25 minutes. Finish on broil for 3-5 minutes or until tomatoes are bursting and veggies are browning.
Peaches and Cream Pops
- Approx. 1 cup vegan vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup peeled puréed peaches
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ cup water
- Fill 1/3 each popsicle cavity with vanilla yogurt.
- In a bowl mix 1 cup puréed peaches that have been peeled, 1/2 cup water, and 1 tsp honey. Top each cavity with the peach mixture.
- Freeze and enjoy!
Coconut Chip Energy Balls
- ¾ cup instant oats
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup hemp heart seeds
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- In your food processor, add the oats, coconut, hemp hearts, coconut oil, and maple syrup and chop until combined. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Mix in the chocolate chips with a spoon. Shape into 1 inch balls and place on a plate. Cover and refrigerate until ready to enjoy!
Visit @nikkibtricky if you too share a passion for food and/or fashion. Her brand is colourful, happy, and bright; very similar to Welo!