The Welo bar formula is made with functional ingredients that we stand behind. We are proud that our bars are composed of naturally sourced ingredients so that we can provide you with a product that you love as much as we do.
(1) Whole grain, non-gmo oats: Oats are incredibly nutritious packed with important vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
(2) Brown rice syrup: This is a natural sweetener produced by steeping brown rice with natural enzyme preparations, which convert into a smooth flavoured and pleasantly sweet liquid extract.
(3) Brown rice crisps: Made of whole grain brown rice flour, the crisps compliment the other ingredients by adding the perfect hint of crunchiness.
(4) Natural nut & seed butter: From peanut butter to cashew to sunflower seed butter, there are no additives or preservatives in our nutrient-rich nut butters. All you have is a natural and delicious source of protein, healthy fats, and vitamins.
(5) Vegetable glycerine: Made from non-gmo, soy-free glycerine, acts as an adhesive agent to maintain the bar's composition.
(6) Chicory root fiber: Chicory (Cichorium intybus) is a plant widely grown in northwestern Europe. Chicory roots are a rich source of a water-soluble fiber called inulin that serves as an excellent prebiotic for promoting healthy digestion. Noelle Martin, MScFN, RD, loves chicory root fiber as it is a prebiotic which helps feed the probiotics. She says, "prebiotics provide a protective layer for the probiotic, so that it isn't attacked by stomach acid, allowing the probiotic to get into the lower part of the small intestine and into the large bowel."
(7) Probiotic cultures: Probiotic cultures improve digestion and reduce gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms. Noelle Martin, MScFN, RD, mentions that both prebiotics & probiotics support immune and mental health!
Our full-size bars contain 3 billion, live probiotic cultures and our kids bars have 1 billion. They're also shelf-stable and remain dormant until they are consumed, allowing them to survive 10x more effectively than yogurt based strains.